I thought that I would share a few ideas/suggestions with the rest of you on how you can best use your time if your internet decides to take a long hiatus while someone at the internet company figures out that they need to plug their system back in as well. This is what one can do in a week's time while losing their mind waiting patiently for their service to come back online.
- Learn to speak several different languages fluently - 3 to be exact! You'll be the envy of all your friends and will most likely be asked to host several parties to show off your new talent. "Oui, oui! Mettez vos culottes sur la grande fille et de le faire!"
- Spring clean your house - five different times! Never can get started too early on that stuff, especially for those of us who have kids. You will simply amazed at how much you are still finding under those darling children's beds after the fifth cleaning cycle. I never knew mold came in that shade of purple before.
- Organize your office - for once! I never knew mold grew on paper in that same shade of purple before either.
- This is a great time to go through your kids old school work that you've been collecting. Yes, every... single... piece... that the kids have EVER brought home needs to be weeded out. One does not have to keep every... single... piece... of math, spelling, and art that every kid has brought home since their first day at day care. Keep the good drawings that one can tell what they are - toss the rest! Make sure you have plenty of Kleenex nearby.
This is also another good time to reorganize how and when you pay those bills. It was amazing how I found a way to stretch out the number of yearly monthly payments on those pesky medical bills that Julian and I managed to rack up last year - all 15 of them - because we had such an addiction to the ER all summer!
It's also a beneficial time to go ahead and rip up all those plants you spent too much money on painstakingly planted over the summer because your better half "forgot" to throw the old tarp on top of them so that WOULDN'T FREEZE when the temps went into the 20's a few weeks ago. Dang! I thought that reminding him 20 times and setting the tarp and bricks out for him would send the message.
- This is also a good time to spend some quality time smacking yourself in the head with that same brick because YOU KNOW that you should have done it yourself in the first place.
- I found that the lack of internet service for almost four days enabled me to make a few phone calls so that I could use up all those "rollover" minutes that I just didn't manage to eliminate last month. That took all of about two hours.
- I managed to get my lingerie drawer organized again.